The next meeting of the Libertarian Party of New Mexico Central Committee will be held:
March 6 & 7
9am-5pm UNM Law Library Mar 6
1pm-9pm Hotel Albuquerque Mar 7
Agenda and meeting rules available to Central Committee members. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Learn More About Your Central Committee
The Central Committee (also referred to as the CentCom) is the LPNM’s governing body. All major organizational decisions are made by this body.
The size of the Central Committee varies, from a minimum of 49 members to a maximum of more than 180 members, depending on the number of registered Libertarian voters in New Mexico.
- Executive Committee members: 5
- At-large members: 6
- Congressional District members: 2 per district / 6 total
The above members are elected to two-years terms by the caucus members in attendance at the annual state convention. The Central Committee also includes:
- County Affiliate Chair: 1 per county with an active organization, to a maximum of 33
- County At-large Members: 1 per county (33 total) regardless of the number of registered Libertarian voters or whether they have an active affiliate organization
- County Affiliate Members: 1 per 50 registered Libertarian voters per county after first subtracting 50 voters to account for the County at-large member (current potential maximum number of members from this category is 99)
County Affiliate Chairs automatically gain a seat on the Central Committee. County At-large and Affiliate Members are elected by their county Central Committee or may be appointed by the state Central Committee in the absence of an active county affiliate organization.